Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Week 9, Thing 21

I checked out the Wikipedia article on Podcasts, and then I looked at both PodcastDirectory.com and Podcastalley.com. I didn't like the format of PodcastDirectory at all. I kept getting hung up. The particular links I kept trying didn't work well at all. I had much better luck with podcastalley. It seemed much easier to navigate. I added the Dave Ramsey daily show RSS feed to my bloglines account. I really don't want to be a Podcaster at this point, but I think there are a number of possibilities for the library. We have some unique storytimes at the library, and I think it could be handy to have podcasts of those storytimes or some of them as a way of inviting people in to the buildings for live storytimes. Perhaps the first of a series of PrimeTime could be Podcast, again with the intention of calling attention to what is going on at the library, and giving a preview. We could podcast special programs as well. Perhaps you could do a series of lively book discussions, if some of the groups are willing to be filmed.

No comments: