Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Week 9, Thing 22

I chose myLibraryDV to play with. I've been using OverDrive for about 3 years, and I love it. I hadn't tried the MyLibraryDV yet because I generally don't have time for movies, and I don't like watching them on a computer if I do. However, I found it very easy to download the needed software and to play the first part of the movie. I think the audiobooks are fantastic things for a library to offer. I'm not so sure about MyLibraryDV. Netflicks offers so much more and it seems as if people prefer to subscribe to it, or go to their grocery store to get a movie. I don't know what our stats are like, or what the cost of the service is, but I think our offerings are just too slim to even bother with. (Is that a faux pas?)I think the materials are easy to use and I am comfortable assisting patrons in using these formats.

No comments: