Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Week 6, Thing 14

I didn't get excited about Technorati. I really really dislike popups and flashing advertising. It's far too distracting and hard on my eyes. The more time I spent there, the less I enjoyed it.
I did several searches in different parts and was surprised to get the same number of results. I thought the searches would be more selective.
I was surprised also by the use of the word "authority" thinking it was perhaps related to what I think of as traditional authority in library speak. It was related to the number of people who linked to the blog. ( I found that in FAQ's)

I guess I was truly surprised by what is popular in the blogosphere. For better or worse, it's a different world. It's good to have that information available and to know it's there.
I wasn't up for the challenge of claiming my blog. I actually would prefer to disclaim my blog! :)

No comments: